Making the curtain clean make your living room brighter. And you better make it a part of your cleaning routine. Every curtain gathers lots of dust, pet hair and dander every single day. They accumulate over time and there are no cute or elegant curtain ideas for living room that you had one. The accumulation creates a dingy and rather smell curtains, let alone affects the indoor air quality as the dust and debris begin swirling around once you open or close them. This is such a terrible way to start or end the day.
Furthermore, these dusty curtains are disaster for allergy sufferers. Thus, to begin the cleaning, there are some considerations you should understand and know.
The cleaning method should be considered according to their material. So, before preceding one, find them out. But if you are unsure (in term of purchasing time), you should see the maintenance cleaning instructions to avoid such permanent damage.
1. Garment Fabric Curtains
Do as instructed below:
- Remove all the hardware.
- Shake them outdoor.
- Use the cold setting to wash two panels at a time.
- Use a low-heat setting for drying them.
- Immediately remove them from the dryer so you will not find them wrinkles and rehang.
2. Lace Or Sheer Fabric Curtains
Cleaning this material needs extra attention and care since they are easy to wrinkle and snag when they are wet. That is why you should use cold water and one teaspoon of liquid dish detergent. Here are the step by step:
- Shake them outdoors.
- Submerge one panel in the soapy water for 10 minutes. The swirl them to loosen debris.
- Drain, refill the sink with cold water and swirl again so the soap residue won’t stay.
Tip: dissolve 1 cup of Epsom salt in a sink and do not rinse. Let them dry from your laundry line and hang them. This tip is to restore a crisp feel.
3. Acrylic Bread Curtains
It is better to wash them in place as they are prone to tangling while taken down.
- Hang a bed sheet behind.
- Lay some towels on the floor exactly beneath your curtains.
- Fill a spray bottle with 2 cups of warm water, 2-3 drops of liquid dish detergent, and start spraying them top to bottom.
- Wipe them using a damp white washcloth (cotton is preferable).
- Let dry and remove the bed sheet and towels.
May above cleaning curtain ideas for living room helps you dealing with dirty curtains.