Through this digital era, you may find countless DIY bookshelf on the Internet. But most people are feeling hard to follow as they require some tools and skills. This time, we will show you some DIY bookshelf ideas that can be done by everyone without woodworking skills. All you need is some easy to find materials and preparations.
The preparations you need are including:
Deciding the spot. Decide where to install your DIY bookshelf. If you are planning to place it in the living room, one spot next to the reading chair will be great.
Deciding the concept. If you prefer something permanent, then you should go for solid wood as the main materials. To make it under $50, so you just need to purchase three boards.
And, here are the step by step:
- The purchase list should be: (a) 8 pieces of 48″ * 1 1/2″ * 3/4″ pine. You will get them in $ 1.77 each; (b) A pack of 1 1/4″ screws (note: if you have a power drill) or 1 1/4″ nails (note: if you have a hammer); (c) 3 EKBY TRYGGVE shelf boards.
- The cutting list you should plan. There are two cutting sets for creating this DIY bookshelf: (a) The first 4 pieces of wooden boards, you have to cut them precisely in 11 7/8″ * 1 1/2″ * 3/4″; and (b) The last 4 pieces of wooden boards should be cut in two different sizes: 29″ * 1 1/2″ * 3/4″, and 9 1/2″ * 1 1/2″ * 3/4″ (do this with a drill).
- Rethink your strategy. In this step, you need to go the nearest home depot to see the price and size of each material you need.
After observing all those stuffs, you will find some plus points in here and there, namely why we choose EKBY TRYGGVE shelf boards from IKEA. This one has some excellences, as follow:
- They have pretty and smooth finishing, so you don’t need additional stain.
- They have reasonable price.
- They have 11″ width that is suitable for this project.
Doing this project does not need some times, as long as you follow the guidelines above. And for another note, screws are way better than nails. It is preferable but if you ask me, I prefer screws all the way. Furthermore, there are various materials that offer higher price; if you are okay with it, then go for it. We do not have strict rule of anything like materials, paints, stain, etc. But remember to stay on those sizes.